Is your protein of interest differentially regulated? If so, is it regulated by differential expression (up-/downregulation by factor X) or by post-translational modification? How pure is your overexpressed, recombinant protein?
We offer different powerful research services combined with our long-term hands-on experience. The analysis can be performed based on gel electrophoresis or mass spectrometry as well as in combination of both methods.
Differences in protein expression are usually smaller compared to the ratios in gene expression (producing a protein is "much more costly"). However, even small changes in the expression of a certain protein may have high impact on molecular interaction (e.g. regulatory proteins). It therefore is crucial that quantitative changes in protein expression are precisely determined using reliable methods.
- • How much of protein X does the sample contain?
- • Is protein X differentially expressed under different conditions?
- • What are the relative changes in expression of protein X?
Successful (reliable) identification of a protein is a basis for further scientific research.
- • In what molecular context may the identified protein play a role?
- • What is known about this protein in other species?
- • Does your antibody detect (only) the desired protein in
Western blot experiments?
The (post-translational) modification of proteins is a very important molecular tool for protein regulation. As most modifications are not one-way but reversible, they provide a fast "on/off" switch for enzyme activity or changes in protein conformation.
- • Is your protein X modified and is so, by what modification?
- • Under what circumstances is the protein modified?
For the production of pharmaceutical drugs proteins are more and more produced using Host Cell Protein Expression Systems. As not only the recombinant proteins are produced by the host but host proteins as well, these impurities have to be identified and minimised.
For bio-sensors (e.g. measuring probes for blood glucose) and other devices implanted focus the problem of surface protein aggregation. This can lead to decreasing performance up to the entire failure of the device.
- • What is the degree of purity of the protein preparation?
- • What kind of proteins are the impurities?
- • How can protein impurities be minimised?
Further information/ price details
For further information about protein services and detailed price information, please get in touch with our service team:
Mo - Fr 9am - 5pm
+ 49 (0) 345 2799 6413
- • proteomstudies (shot gun)
- • proteomstudies 2DE-based
- • label and label-free quantification of proteins
- • protein characterization (quantification, purity, modification, identification)
- • mutagenisis discovery
- • mircoarray follow-up
- • drug target discovery
- • assay development
- • protein pattern analysis
- • toxicological fingerprinting
- • crop testing
- • consulting for complex protein anaylsis
- • differential protein expression analysis (2D-DIGE)
- • post translational protein modifications (phosphorylation, glycosylation, RedOX)
- • biomarker discovery
- • 2D Western blotting
- • HCP coverage 2D Western blotting
- • standardized and quantitative SDS- and SAR-PAGE, IEF and Western Blots of up to 52 samples per run
Equipment for Gel-based Protein Analysis
- • OCRA Gel Electrophoresis Units
- • Dolphin Gel Electrophoresis Units
- • HOEFER SE900 Gel Electrophoresis
- • HOEFER Gel Electrophoresis small
- • BEO Dry Blotter
- • VELUM Dry Blotter
- • OCTOPLUS QPLEX Fluorescence Imager
- • Typhoon FLA 9000 Imager
- • HOEFER IEF
- • LabImage L360 Software
- • Delta2D Software
- • Spot Picker
- • Spot Processing
- • Fluorescent Label
- • VIS and Fluorescent Stains
Equipment & Technologies for Mass Spectrometry
- • Synapt High Definition MS-Systeme (HD-MS, Waters)
- • Q Exactive Plus Hybrid Quadrupole-Orbitrap MS (Thermo)
- • Xevod TQD Tandem Quadrupol MS-System (Waters)
- • MALDI-TOF/TOF (ultraflex, Bruker Daltonics)
- • MS/MS and HD-MSE
- • ESI, nano-ESI, MALDI
- • SRM, PRM und MRM
- • UPLC, nano-UPLC
- • supporting bioinformatic tools