The proteome is defined as the entire set of proteins expressed by a organism, a tissue, a cell or compartment at a certain point of time.
The proteome may contain thousands of different proteins. The number, concentration and the activity of these proteins may vary depending on time, environmental conditions and so on.
Our NHD Protein Services offer different MS- or 2D gel-based approaches to provide you answers to your specific questions regarding a single proteome or differences between different proteomes (e.g. wildtype vs. mutant, treated vs. untreated).
Single Proteome Characterization
- • protein pattern and protein identification
- • PTM- and protein isoform distribution
- • identification of differentially regulated proteins
- • Biomarker discovery
- • mutagenesis analysis
- • microarray follow up experiments
- • identification of drug and substance targets
- • analysis of redox state
- •detection of post-translational modifications
- • 2D Western Blot analysis
- • detection of host cell protein contaminations (HCP)
Tool: 2D Gel-based Proteome Analysis
Two-dimensional difference gel electrophoresis (2D DIGE) is a robust research tool. It can be used to answer a lot of questions that peptide-based proteomics cannot. This is the only method, allowing to separate proteoforms, detecting post-translational protein modifications. 2D DIGE is particularly valuable for protein cleavage detection. An interface with other downstream methods, like mass-spectrometry or immunodetection is possible.
For the proteome analysis of intact proteins we provide different technologies of two-dimensional gel electrophoresis.
Learn more about intact protein analysis.
Tool: Mass Spectrometry based Proteome Analysis
Proteome analysis by shot gun mass spectrometry is the ideal tool to obtain a fast overview about whats going on in a proteome.
Bevor separation, proteins are digested to peptides. These peptides are then separated, analyzed and thier sequence identified.
Shot Gun Proteomics is not that powerful as 2DE + MALDI TOF analysis performed by experts, however it is much faster.
Learn more about our Mass Spectrometry Analyses.
Further information/ price details
For further information about protein services and detailed price information, please get in touch with our service team:
Mo - Fr 9am - 5pm
+ 49 (0) 345 2799 6413
- • proteomstudies (shot gun)
- • proteomstudies 2DE-based
- • label and label-free quantification of proteins
- • protein characterization (quantification, purity, modification, identification)
- • mutagenisis discovery
- • mircoarray follow-up
- • drug target discovery
- • assay development
- • protein pattern analysis
- • toxicological fingerprinting
- • crop testing
- • consulting for complex protein anaylsis
- • differential protein expression analysis (2D-DIGE)
- • post translational protein modifications (phosphorylation, glycosylation, RedOX)
- • biomarker discovery
- • 2D Western blotting
- • HCP coverage 2D Western blotting
- • standardized and quantitative SDS- and SAR-PAGE, IEF and Western Blots of up to 52 samples per run
Equipment for Gel-based Protein Analysis
- • OCRA Gel Electrophoresis Units
- • Dolphin Gel Electrophoresis Units
- • HOEFER SE900 Gel Electrophoresis
- • HOEFER Gel Electrophoresis small
- • BEO Dry Blotter
- • VELUM Dry Blotter
- • OCTOPLUS QPLEX Fluorescence Imager
- • Typhoon FLA 9000 Imager
- • HOEFER IEF
- • LabImage L360 Software
- • Delta2D Software
- • Spot Picker
- • Spot Processing
- • Fluorescent Label
- • VIS and Fluorescent Stains
Equipment & Technologies for Mass Spectrometry
- • Synapt High Definition MS-Systeme (HD-MS, Waters)
- • Q Exactive Plus Hybrid Quadrupole-Orbitrap MS (Thermo)
- • Xevod TQD Tandem Quadrupol MS-System (Waters)
- • MALDI-TOF/TOF (ultraflex, Bruker Daltonics)
- • MS/MS and HD-MSE
- • ESI, nano-ESI, MALDI
- • SRM, PRM und MRM
- • UPLC, nano-UPLC
- • supporting bioinformatic tools